Hey guys. I can barely see to type (hard to keep even my one good eye open due to pain), but I felt this important to share re: DesBio Bart, so please bear with me if I am a little repetitive or scatterbrained throughout this post. I know I didn't type an update for dose 2, but dose three feels like it deserves an as-it's-happening update.
So, tonight, I took my third dose of this round of the Bartonella series, which consisted of a few drops from vial 10.
(My second dose was 2 drops from vial 10, instead of vial 1, following the plan I explained in the video in my previous entry...I apparently got ahead of myself and let my perfectionistic, Type-AAA personality push me too far, convincing me that since I handled dose 2 better than dose 1, being drops from vial 10 instead of vial 1, I could stand to push the limits and up t a couple of drops on vial 10... NOPE.)
Y'all, when a treatment protocol is designed to start low and slow (as all are, it seems, when it comes to Lyme and friends), FOLLOW THE PLAN.
Ive made this mistake time and time again, and most of the time I'm good at sticking to the plan and pushing just enough, without pushing –too much–.
But today, I stupidly ramped up my dosage and took 4 drops (which I will NOT be doing for the next several doses–this may even force me to take longer between doses, at least for dose four, but when I resume, it'll be back at 2 drops to get back on my low and slow plan for hopeful success!).
The result? Not something I'm proud to share, picture-wise, but I'm also past the point of pride here. This is info for any who may ever come across it and need it in the future.
30-minutes after taking the 4 drops, I somehow pushed through the almost immediately increased joint pain to go try to brush my teeth, and when I looked up, I saw something I've coke to associate heavily with Bart and Bart herxes–severe torticollis/wry neck/jerky bacteria causing my neck to pull to the right and only be straightened with my hands, at which point I scream, because OW.
This is the beautiful sight that awaited me. Body squared up straight with the sink and with the camera, intentionally not raising one shoulder higher than the other and instead, letting my shoulders/neck do whatever they're doing. This is what I saw:
- I have behind the head earmuffs on 24/7 for the TN pain, so that's the black color you see under my hair/on my ears (tried to edit the contrast some so all the dark colors don't blend together)
- I don't even care that my hair is ratchet with its baby curls showing. "There was a little girl, that had a little curl..."
- I think I'll start adding a hand motion to the right side when this happens, because while it hurts like heck, the entire right side of my shoulder/neck/head, in addition to splitting open head pressure/pain, increased trigeminal nerve pain, and just general overall exacerbation of symptoms, it would at least be funny if I made it look like I was intentionally shrugging, with my elbow bent and my hand held as if I'm carrying a tray at a restaurant ("I don't know." *she shrugged* "this madness just happens with these illnesses.")... Maybe I'd be the only one laughing, but even still, gotta find humor where we can, right?
WISDOM FOR THE DAY:
Don't EVER let yourself get impatient (or go back to your impatient, wanting to force healing too quickly, ways) when it comes to your treatment protocol. Regardless of which route you take, regardless of whether your doctor treats aggressively or less so or conventionally or holistically or alternatively or integratively...regardless of what treatments you undergo, remember it's ALWAYS best to stick exactly to the plan (unless the plan is causing more harm than good, of course), and it's often best to keep "start low and slow" as a mantra, to avoid immediate unpleasant experiences like above.
Okay, again, I pushed myself too much typing all this out, and my hands and eyes are letting me know–BUT, also again, I wanted the info to be out there, and as the herxing from this dose has already started to set in, I have no idea if I'll even be able to pick up my phone or move tomorrow.
God bless, friends, I wish restful sleep for those of you who are here in the US as I'm posting this, and to all of you on a consistent basis.
I hope you've all been able to find somethong to bring a smile to your face, however small it may be, and however fleeting it may be, during this day, this week, this month, this year, or even this moment.
I want to try a new format for some posts on the site, which I mentioned on the main blog page a little while back. I'm hoping it will help me keep up with these updates more frequently than when we tried this Series Therapy in 2015 (which ended up being non-existent, because I got behind and then overwhelmed, and can't often write enough to warrant a post).
So, below I've embedded a video from my YouTube channel (still in its infancy, but I plan on expanding as I'm able, hopefully for others and for myself), discussing my first dose of this round of the Bartonella Series Therapy. I'm also going to quickly mention a few reminders from my first post addressing this topic last week, before the video, since the video was taken after the first dose I took, and doesn't cover the second dose or the change we made while listening to my body and how it responded to treatment.
I'm not trying to avoid herxing, not at all,because it often IS an indicator your body is finally responding tontrearments and fighting the infections that have made their habitat in your cells for many years. But, there are times during this journey where maybe you can't detox effectively enough, or detox at all, especially with genetic methylation mutation issues, at which point killing, killing, killing the buggers often results in a herx that's not only unecessarily horrible–even though sometimes they are just that by nature, even when you are able to detox...these buggers just like to be jerks.
When I say "unnecessarily horrible" herxing, I mean that constant herxing that seemingly never lifts (different from just "flaring"), and this can actually set you back by forcing you to live in such a state of perpetual herxing, and therefore perpetual stress on your body, mind, and soul, or forces you to make the decision to postpone/hold your treatment till it calms. It's not ideal, of course, to stop treatment, especially when things are deep into the neurological stages, but it's better than herxing all day, every day, with no breaks or relief, via any methods. I promise you that. Listen to your body.
Thats a lot more than I thought I was going to (or could) type, and though my hands and wrists are screaming at me to stop, I've made it this far, I'm determined to finish this post, and I'm counting it as a victory being able to type it at all. Thank You, Lord!🙌🏻
Notes to remember about the Bartonella Series Therapy, as I tackle it this time around (more details, at least about dose one, in video):
– Details of reactions, herxing, symptom cycling, in the video below from a few days ago, but wanted to mention in print that we started with two drops–TWO DROPS–from vial 1, with the plan to do the same every three days, vials 1, then 2, then through vial 10, depending on how I tolerate the treatment.
– Many of the DesBio homeopathic remedies for infections like this are designed to take a full vial every three days, ideally making the box last a month, so you can take vials 1-10, then follow it immediately with the same thing in reverse, vials 10-1.
– My body is so sensitive to any and all treatments, mess, and supplements, though, and we already knew I reacted severely to this treatment during March-October-ish of 2015, so we purposely started slowly, with the plan of two drops every three days.
– Video shows and explains (some of) the symptoms and other things that came along with my first dose, but since I recorded it before my second dose, it obviously doesn't show that, so for now, here's the video, with a few notes below the video, addressing dose two and the change we had to make in the order of things:
After my first dose of two drops from vial one, I realized I was tolerating the dose better than in 2015, which in encouraging, yet I was still also in that "unnecessary horrible herxing" place, even though the video doesn't show just how true that is, and how rough this first dose was (which was expected, but still not fun).
We decided to go ahead and switch it up–my husband actually suggested it, but I was more than willing to comply, so we could figure out what the best method of handling this treatment and it's herxes is going to be. My second dose I took a day late, 4 days after my two drops from vial 1, and I'm now going in reverse order–meaning I'm starting with vial 10, and will go 10-1, that way I build up to the stronger doses (and still kill bugs along the way), so "unnecessarily-horrible herxing" is not the state in which I must remain 24/7/365.25.
Not every update will be this long; some may just be a short bullet list of what any given dose brings, some may just be a video, some may be a video with a sentence or two to say hi...there's no telling. But this one warranted its length, I felt, simply because I wanted to give as complete a picture of our process as possible (apologies if it's not completely coherent, or if it jumps around–I'm really just trying to get this info out there, because there are only a few places online where you can read/watch videos, testimonials, reviews, etc. of DesBio Series Therapies.
Remember, you can find joy, regardless of whatever you face on any gown day, you just have to make a conscious choice to find it and smile. I say this as a reminder to myself as much as anyone else. I'm not perfect at this practice, but that's okay, that's why it's a daily practice.
P.S. I don't think I've ever been quite so happy for my Burbur-Pinella combo tincture from Nutramedix as I was during the herxing from dose one. Y'all. If you don't have at least burbur, you NEED this miracle herx-reducer. I can't give you technical medical advice, so I'm not, but I can say the burbur, especially when combined with pinella (each is sold separately, but there's as a two-in-one product, which is what I usually use, just to get the great specific detox effects of both–I would go so far as to say it's a necessity for anyone with severe neuro effects from Lyme/co-infections), but honestly, I recommend it for everyone fighting these battles. The targeted toxin relief is unmatched by any other similar remedies I've tried (forms, at least, as long as I take it every 10-15 mins while herxing, as many times as needed throughout the day, to reduce symptoms and target the toxins released from the fighting-back/dying-off/dead bacteria. Just a little something I wanted to add.
Hey fellow warriors,
I shared this on my main blog page, but also thought it would be appropriate to include here, so it doesn't get lost if I, or anyone else, is looking for info on the topic in the future.
I know 2016 was a fairly quiet year for the site overall, and this treatment blog has been lacking in updates for much longer than that.
A few reasons this is the case:
- I fell behind and got intensely overwhelmed with anxiety every time I tried to think about having to play catch up with everything I've not yet shared. Rule number 1 of blogging: you don't have to share every detail. I'm trying to remind myself of that.
- Life, treatment, uncertainty, flares, herxing, planning next steps, trying to stay above water and keep my mind focused on God and His blessings amidst the trouble.
- Many days, I'm unable to type at all, much less use my laptop (leaving my phone/tablet as options, but arthritic hands cause problems there, too, and fatigue interferes with my ability to write, too.
- In the spirit of honesty, things are hard right now. Depression is creeping back in, along with many other mental and physical issues that have my mind in a perpetual state of anxiety, stress, and "fight of flight" thought-mode. But I'm not letting Satan win, notfonna happen. I have a CHH mixtape to record, mix, and release for free digital download–I know the emotional downs will pass, as will soke physical things, even if they seem to get worse before better, because it's all a process, and I have no room for hate in my heart if I truly want health...which includes hate toward any part of my circumstances or journey.
No, I'm not BFFs with my infections, diagnoses, and general state of dis-ease; I don't like any of them one bit. But I also won't give them the energy it takes to proclaim my hatred, or even hold it in my heart–they don't deserve any of my energy, except that which is directed towards treatments, detoxing, and other related things...for health.
So, here we are, facing many potential treatment decisions and in limbo in many ways, but one thing we do know is that we can no longer afford to keep bartonella on the back burner, hoping I'll just be well enough to handle the treatment and herxing one day.
The reason I didn't keep up with my treatment updates with the first attempt at the Deseret Biologicals (DesBio) Series Therapy for Bartonella (pictured above), which went from March-November 2015, is because the series–and subsequent herxing–was so taxing for my body, my neurological system, psychiatrically/psychologically, and hit me hard in nearly every other area of life, most of which I can't think to type out right now.
But, it was so rough that we never got past being able to take 1 drop/1x a week. One drop from one vial PER WEEK. If you've read mine, or others', posts on these homeopathic series therapies, you may remember they're designed to be taken one vial at a time, every theee says (with the exception of a few that are a few drops suspended in water to be consumed over an entire day, or other such routes, but this full vial every 3 days is the basic rule for many of them), so the box will last a month, and ideally you'll go through two the fire box vials 1-10, strongest to weakest, and then repeat this with a second month and a second box, in the opposite order, 10-1.
Since we know bartonella is my biggest issue as far as the debilitating symptoms it causes, and the sheer variety and severity and widespread nature of those symptoms and results/flares from the infections and herxes make it the most daunting infection to tackle...but as I said, we can no longer afford, in any sense of the word, to ignore this infection any longer, regardless of any herxing I may endure.
Number one goal for now: endure whatever it takes from now until the time comes, and whatever I may endure after, for however long it maybe, as long as I can be well-functioning and fulfill my Matron of Honor duties for all of my sister's wedding festivities this June–claiming that success in prayer, even though it seems a far off goal for now. I'm trusting God to deliver on that, because I refuse for these dis-eases, which are of Satan himself, to take away being able to support my sister and enjoy all aspects of watching and helping her as she marries the man of her dreams, her perfect soulmate.
For now, look for what I hope will be regular, or at least semi-tegular, updates on the treatment blog as I give this DesBio Bartonella treatment another go. It's in Your hands, Father, please grant me the blessings of peace, hope, and endurance–without you, I have none of them and none of anything.
God bless each and every one of you out there fighting, don't give up, even when things are hard and seem impossible.
There's always hope.
This is the space where I plan on giving updates specifically related to the treatments I'm doing at any given time. Having this all on one page will ideally make it easier to locate treatment-related information without sifting through my archives, although if you're looking for a specific keyword or want to read about a specific protocol, the search function on the site can help with that!