I promise there’s a person under all of that gear–it just takes that much to get out of the house.
I have spent most of the past two weeks flat in bed, no pillow, in the dark, as still and quiet as I can be. I’m not able to even fake my former/best writing style right now, so I apologize if this is bullet pointed.
2 weeks ago today, I had an appointment with my Lyme doctor. (Reminder, I’m back with my former doctor, and no longer seeing Dr. Jemsek–I wrote about this a few posts back, I think).
At that appointment we learned many things:
- I’m still very anemic, despite iron supplementation. I was hoping this would have gotten better once off antibiotics, but it’s obviously a deeper underlying issue. This could explain my can’t-move fatigue.
- The EBV we were scared was reactivated is DORMANT! That was a bright spot for sure!
– My CD57 (which we just use as a marker) is still in the chronic Lyme/very low range, so that confirmed what we already knew: we still have a way to go to treat Lyme and co-infections, which I’ll come back to in a moment.
- I also received the low doses of the LDA mixes for foods and inhalants while there. (Subcutaneous injections)
- We got a referral to a specialist for help with something specific, but I’ll delve more into that at a later date.
– Yesterday I saw my PCP in town and got a referral to Ohio State University’s Otolaryngology department for a suspected chronic, undiagnosed CSF (cerebrospinal fluid) leak. We’re waiting to hear from OSU. This could explain a lot when it comes the the nature, intensity, and frequency of my headaches (2,100 days and counting). If not, they should have the tools to see what else may be going on physiologically at this point, because while we still need to treat Lyme and friends extensively, we know there’s more going on, as well. With this and in other areas.
– Today, I restarted the DesBio Series Therapy for Borrelia-Babesia (I’ve done the DesBio series therapies for chronic active EBV, which was obviously successful, as you can see above! I’ve also tried it for Borrelia-babesia and bartonella in the past, but my body wasn’t able to respond to to treatment at the time, and we’re hoping solid nutrition will make all the difference this go-around, because I truly do believe it’s an excellent and effective treatment). I took my first dose this morning, and throughout the day my joint and neck pain, along with headache, have steadily gotten worse, so maybe a herx has already started to rear its head. Eye pain and photosensitiviry are coming out to play more, as well.
The last time I did this treatment, I was taking one drop at a time, and this time I was told to start with half a vial (equaling several drops). These remedies are very strong, but I’m abandoning all preconceived notions based on past reactions, and hope to be able to report back as often as I can.
I know there’s more, but my brain fog and inability to keep typing mean it’s time to end this for now.
i apologize for any typos, my eyes can’t proofread in this moment.
We are hopeful! And letting God carry us through.
God bless you all,